Outsourcing search engine optimization (SEO) services can make good business sense. But will SEO outsource work for you?
Let’s take a deep look at the advantages of outsourcing SEO services because there are critical differences between running an in-house SEO team and outsourcing SEO to increase organic traffic.
How Search Engine Optimization Can Make or Break a Business
Learning how to design and execute a successful SEO strategy to boost your online visibility can take years of study and practice to perfect the many constantly changing search engine optimization aspects.
However, having an easily searchable online presence can make your business by:
- Increasing traffic, leads, conversions, and sales
- Enhancing brand awareness, credibility, and authority
- Reducing marketing costs and improving ROI
- Creating a positive user experience and growing customer loyalty
- Attracting local customers with content strategies for local SEO
Poor or no SEO can break your business by:
- Frustrating users and customers who can’t find your business online
- Losing your ranking, visibility, and traffic because of algorithm updates, competitors, or outdated practices
- Damaging your reputation, trust, and credibility because of negative reviews resulting from unethical SEO practices
- Wasting your time, money, and resources on ineffective strategies
An organic SEO strategy can repair bad SEO and bring you all the advantages of SEO done properly.
9 Advantages of Outsourcing SEO Services
Having a good SEO strategy is critical to success in today’s online-oriented world. So is focusing on your core business because you need to provide the best services and products to keep your competitive edge.
Outsourcing SEO services may enable you to do both more efficiently. You can devote your limited resources to core business activities and pay only for the organic marketing you need by outsourcing SEO to professionals. Here are nine advantages of outsourcing SEO work.
1. Optimize for Search Engines at a Lower Cost
Building an in-house SEO team to optimize your website for search engines brings many costs that can include:
- Hiring SEO specialists
- Investing in SEO tools and software
- Creating and updating content
- Building links
- Monitoring and analyzing performance
- Implementing SEO best practices
Gaining optimal results in each of these areas requires expensive specialists working in an in-house SEO team. Operating a large website can justify the cost. However, if you’re a small or medium-sized business, outsourcing your SEO may be more cost-effective.
2. Get Rid of the Hiring Process Headache
Save time, money, and effort by eliminating the hiring process for SEO. When you outsource SEO, you can spend valuable time on more important tasks than screening, interviewing, and training candidates for various SEO specialties.
You can access a pool of talent and skills that may not be available in your local market when you engage an SEO outsourcing company. Scaling up or down according to your changing needs and demands becomes simple, and you don't have to deal with employee turnover, absenteeism, performance issues, or conflicts.
3. Leverage the Expertise of Seasoned SEO Teams
Google's top five organic search results get 67.6% of all clicks. Results in positions 6-10 only get 3.73% of clicks. Leveraging expert SEO help may propel you to the top.
Developing a successful, cost-effective strategy to grow organic search engine traffic can be challenging. However, it’s possible to save time and money by letting experts handle SEO's many complex and dynamic aspects, like keyword research, content creation, link building, technical audits, and analytics.
Seasoned SEO teams have developed knowledge and experience working with various clients and industries. They know the many ways SEO improves business performance.
To leverage the expertise of seasoned SEO teams, you need to:
- Find the best SEO outsourcing company matching your needs and budget
- Communicate your goals, expectations, and challenges clearly and regularly with your SEO partner
- Provide feedback and support to your SEO partner throughout the project
- Measure and evaluate the results of SEO efforts using agreed metrics
- Learn from your SEO partner to apply their insights to future outsourced SEO projects
4. Benefit From SEO Tools Without Paying Subscriptions
SEO tools can cost hundreds or even thousands in monthly subscription fees for premium users. And you’ll probably need multiple platforms for your in-house SEO team to work effectively.
When you outsource search engine optimization, your SEO agency shoulders the burden of monthly subscription fees. All you need to do is negotiate the optimal SEO plan for your business, which you can scale as conditions demand.
5. Have SEO Experts Optimize Your Site Architecture
Site architecture is a critical but often overlooked component of SEO. Poor website content and page organization lead to poor user experience and a high bounce rate because visitors want to find information fast. Search engines also need to be able to navigate your site easily to crawl and index it. Search engines can’t index pages they can’t find.
However, good site architecture makes it easier for visitors and crawlers to navigate through your pages. It distributes link juice from external and internal links across your site, boosts the authority of main pages, and signals the relevance of your content to specific topics and keywords.
Professional SEO experts can optimize your site architecture using techniques like:
- Creating a clear, logical hierarchy of pages and categories
- Using keyword-rich URLs, titles, and headings
- Building internal linking and breadcrumb navigation to connect related pages
- Reducing the depth and complexity of your site structure
- Eliminating duplicate or low-quality content
- Using sitemaps and robots.txt files to guide crawlers
Letting SEO experts optimize your site architecture can increase traffic, conversions, and revenue through improved website performance.
6. Supercharge Your Marketing With Proven Content Strategies
The linchpin of proven content strategies is the superior content that comes from having excellent buyer personas and researching trends, competitors, and keywords to discover content opportunities. With outstanding content in hand, your SEO team can implement proven strategies to boost traffic:
- Link building to establish authority and guide users and search engines
- Optimal site architecture to provide a good user experience
- Using SEO keywords in the right places for search engines to find
7. Enjoy Having E-E-A-T Content Tailored to Your Needs
Google’s E-E-A-T (experience, expertise, authoritativeness, trustworthiness) standards, laid out in a recent Quality Rater Guidelines update, rank experience as the most critical of the four factors. E-E-A-T-compliant content on your website will bring better Google rankings.
Google is now placing value on content that contains correct terminology and reliable statistics and presents up-to-date techniques to combat the plethora of misinformation on the internet, magnified by AI’s inability to determine fact from fiction.
Having an SME (subject matter expert) ensure that your content meets E-E-A-T helps you gain better visibility and increased traffic. It’s now easy to find an experienced SME with extensive knowledge of your topic using a content review service.
8. Save Time Implementing Link-Building Strategies
Google’s Helpful Content Update emphasizes your link structure's impact on ranking. Quality backlinks and internal links are among the most heavily weighted factors in determining where your site ranks because links demonstrate relevance, authority, and trust.
However, link building takes time and effort. Using a tool like InLinks can help, but you still need humans to perform many of the manual tasks that building quality links requires. After you create high-quality content and optimize it for SEO, your backlink builders will need to:
- Create internal links between new and old content that go both ways
- Promote your content on social media, email, and other channels
- Reach out to influencers, bloggers, journalists, and authoritative sites to get backlinks
- Monitor the results and adjust your strategy accordingly
9. Profit From Increased ROI
You get what you pay for in SEO outsourcing. A Backlinko survey found "a strong correlation between higher spending and higher client satisfaction. In fact, clients that spent over $500/month were 53.3% more likely to be 'extremely satisfied' compared to those that spent less than $500/month.”
A simplified Investopedia formula to calculate ROI for SEO is:
- Gain from Investment – Cost of Investment / Cost of Investment
- Multiply the result by 100 to get ROI expressed as a percentage
Many ROI calculations for SEO fail to consider customer lifetime value. This omission can result in a much lower ROI being expressed.
For small and medium-sized businesses, the advantages of spending a few hundred or thousand dollars on outsourcing SEO over the high cost of running an in-house team are apparent. Investing your SEO savings in high-value core business operations can increase overall ROI.
Outsourced SEO or In-House SEO: Which One Is Right for You?
If you have the necessary SEO skills and time, in-house may be best for you. Large corporations with big budgets can also benefit from in-house teams.
For the rest of us, especially local businesses needing local SEO outsourcing, it’s much less expensive to outsource SEO services than to hire an in-house team. You’ll gain the advantage of having expert professionals build and execute an up-to-date SEO strategy that may bring the ROI you need.
Simplify Keyword Research and SEO Content With Compose.ly
Researching keywords and creating content that readers love and Google ranks requires specialized knowledge and time. Compose.ly's industry experts are dedicated to increasing your ROI with:
- An audit of your current content and keywords
- Competitor analysis of their money keywords and recommendations for you to outrank them
- SEO content briefs to guide our professional writers to deliver content that meets your expectations
Learn more about our SEO Professional Services today.