If you use content marketing in your business, you’ve got company. Stats reveal that 90% of organizations use content to market their business. In a world where marketing content has become highly prized, how will you make your content stand out from the competition?
Interactive content marketing is leading the way in audience engagement and satisfaction. While not a new concept, it is revolutionizing how businesses generate leads and connect with their customers.
You don’t need to be a big company or a web designer to develop compelling and effective interactive content. There are many tools available that will help you make interactive content regardless of your skill level or budget.
Not sure where to start? Don’t worry. We’ll help you get down the basics of interactive content before suggesting some great tools that will boost engagement with your business.
What is Interactive Content?
Interactive content gets your audience involved. It requires active engagement from the user instead of passive, non-interactive viewing.
According to a Content Marketing Institute survey, 87% of marketers believe interactive marketing to be more effective than static content at grabbing viewer attention. Additionally, 77% of marketers agreed that interactive content has reusable value that translates to repeat visitors and increased exposure.
The most effective interactive content:
- helps you provide personalized and relevant materials
- offers users entertaining and valuable information
- helps with building meaningful brand relationships
- boosts traffic and user engagement with your website
- increases conversions and click-throughs
- provides platforms for customer feedback and data capture
- leads to more shares and backlinks
Interactive Content Marketing Examples
Popular kinds of interactive content marketing include:
- Polls and surveys
- Interactive email newsletters
- Message bots
Use interactive content throughout your sales funnel to generate leads, nurture prospects, and increase sales. The image below depicts where you can best utilize common interactive content ideas within the sales funnel.
Interactive Content Creation Tools
There are many helpful tools out there that can help you get started with creating excellent pieces of interactive content to win over your audiences.
This easy to use platform helps marketers tell their stories and engage readers with interactive content. Marketers use Apester to produce and distribute various pieces like stories, surveys, interactive videos, and more to personalize the user experience and gain valuable insights into their target audience.
Apester has helped businesses significantly improve key performance indicators such as time spent on a page, revenue per page, and number of shares. Clients include Time, Ikea, Starbucks, and many more.
Here’s an example of a poll created using Apester.
What’s great about Apester:
- Quick setup
- Easy integration via embedded code or a WordPress plug-in
- Customizable templates
- Free ad-supported version with two additional pricing options
- Advertising options
- Analytics and insights
- Royalty-free images and videos
It’s all about the customer experience. And Ceros strongly believes customers love and want personalized experiences.
Ceros is an end-to-end solution that offers flexibility within an easy to use design platform. This cloud-based tool helps marketers create the kind of impactful content their audiences crave.
Marketers can develop rich, interactive content such as infographics, eBooks, microsites, lookbooks, and more. Brands that use Ceros include Virgin Atlantic, LinkedIn, and Peugeot.
Take a look at this fun, interactive GIF animation created with Ceros.
What’s great about Ceros:
- Freeform canvas enables users to drag and drop assets
- Cloud-based platform requires no coding
- Multiple users can collaborate in real-time
- Analytics and customer insights
- Access to images and assets from Getty images
- Works both online and offline
- Live previewing
This web-based tool promises to improve exposure, engagement, and revenue by asking the right questions.
Qzzr captures information with quizzes and trivia that adapt to user personalities and preferences. Marketers use this personalized information to drive more leads and improve product recommendations. Top brands like eHarmony, Marriott, and Shopify have used Qzzr in their interactive marketing campaigns.
What’s great about Qzzr:
- Simple interface
- Analytics and insights
- Website integration with embedded line code or WordPress plug-in
- Gated quizzes that only allow users to obtain results after they share on social media or complete a lead-generation form
- Customized calls to action (CTA)
- Customizable layouts
- Rich media and images
- Affordable monthly pricing for the basic plan
If you're looking for something to do it all, ion interactive may be just what you need. With this tool, marketers can create an array of interactive content, including calculators, infographics, landing pages, and more, to build valuable online experiences.
Focused on engagement, conversion, and lead-profiling, ion promises to deliver data-driven results. Their Quick Start Cloud Library allows marketers and sales teams to quickly produce stunning professional content without developers, training, or designers. Brands like Dell, GE, and Cisco gave this tool top ratings.
Take a look at this interactive landing page created for DHL.
What’s great about ion interactive:
- Code-free platform
- Thousands of customizable templates
- Seamless integration with all platforms including marketing technologies
- Analytics reports and insights
- Features for search engine optimization
- Quick set-up and creation
- Scalable pricing
Ready to take your videos to the next level? Vizia lets you do just that as it collects invaluable feedback and promises to increase engagement and growth.
Businesses that use Vizia can integrate other interactive content like quizzes, polls, short answer questions, and CTAs right into their videos.
Take a look at this example of how Vizia adds an interactive element to a YouTube video.
What’s great about Vizia?
- Easy integration—content can be embedded and shared across all platforms, including e-commerce stores.
- Gated quizzes that encourage users to engage in social sharing or complete contact forms
Marketing experts believe interactive content is the future of content marketing.
Interactive content garners more significant responses and engagement from users than traditional, static content. It also provides businesses with priceless information they can use towards solidifying a niche, building brand relationships, and increasing their bottom line. Use the tools we suggest to work for you and see where you can take your business with the awesome interactive content you will produce.
This article was written by Compose.ly writer Sophia Murphy.